Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Another Meme from Facebook

This is fun! Tell us about your SENIOR year of high school! The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!


The year was: 1986-87


1. Did you know your spouse then? No. He already was at UW-Platteville, where we met a year later.
2. Did you carpool? Yes, with Ananda Patterson. Ananda: remember going to that diner for breakfast in the mornings?
3. What kind of car did you have? I didn’t have a driver’s license because of my epilepsy, and my brother totaled the car I might have used.
4. It’s Friday night at the football game, where are you? BION, I was captain of the varsity football cheerleader squad. I wanted to play football, but the coach was a moron, and cheerleading was something of a consolation. I was the only cheerleader on the squad who knew that you don’t do the cheer “Sack that quarterback!” when our team was on offense, or “First and ten; do it again!” while on defense.
5. What kind of job did you have? Fast food and babysitting.
6. Were you a party animal? Not really.
7. Were you considered a jock? Definitely not, probably why the moron didn’t want me on the football team.
8. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Choir, but I never had any solos due to my hideous singing and the even worse choir director. Anybody from EHS remember Chuck Roast (slang name for the choir teacher who was fired at the end of my senior year)?
9. Were you a nerd? Definitely.
10. Did you get suspended or expelled? Nope
11. Can you sing the fight song? Yes, and (sigh) I even remember the choreography the cheerleaders had to do.
12. Where did you eat lunch? In the cafeteria, closed campus.
13. What was your full school’s name? Edgewood High School of the Sacred Heart (EHS), but it was misspelled Scared in my freshman yearbook.
14. What was your school mascot? Crusader
15. If you could go back and do it again would you? Not for all the money Disney spent to buy Lucasfilm.
16. Are you planning on going to your next high school reunion? Nope. I said my goodbyes to the class of ’87 at the “Alumni Dance” after the commencement ceremony because I was so happy to get out of the hell that was Catholic high school. I must not be the only one because no one volunteered to put together a 25th reunion, and so far it looks like no one is working on the 30th for next year.
17. Are you still in contact with people from high school? A few on Facebook. Although I do try to get together with Betsy Laessig-Stary (and her daughter Samm Stary, who now is a senior at EHS) every now and then. I also need to go see Casey Day perform, but he keeps performing in Verona, which is a ways from my home in Sun Prairie.


Pog ma thoin!
-Lori


“Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?”John Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment